Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I love Kids....

Conversation of the week.....

8 year old boy: "I'm almost John McCain's son."

I leaned in a little closer for this one....

He continued, " If only my last name ended with an "n" instead of an "l".


...........

Encouragement of the week ....from yet another 8 year old..

Third graders have a lot to offer.

He approached me and began talking, " When I found out that Mrs. B was leaving, I cried. All of the kids laughed at me...but I'm just really sensitive. And she was the best art teacher in the world."

With this comment, he went and sat down.

At the end of the class, I asked my students to tell me one thing that they had learned.

The same boy who had previously talked to me raised his hand.

" I learned that sometimes people leave. But it's ok, because it can be a new beginning. And new beginnings and teachers can be a good thing."

...God knew what I needed to hear and spoke to me through an 8 year old.

1 comment: